Marie's Watercolors are a standard tool that should not be missing in the atelier of any Asian brush painting master - no matter whether for Fineline, Ink and Wash or Sumi-e Painting. This is the smaller set of the two sets of Marie's Premium versions which we both have in stock and which come in an exclusive gift box.
NOTE on shipment for this product:
For this product, the shipment price is already included in the product price. Shipping time is 8-18 working days. There is only one delivery option available for this product and it will be shipped separately from other products in your cart. For more information, please read our shipping section for liquid shipments in the FAQ.
Original Chinese Maries Colors - Set of 12 in Premium Gift Box
0.3 oz / 9 ml per tubeColors:
12 different colorsUsage:
Chinese and Japanese Painting, Sumi-e, Calligraphy and Fineline Brush PaintingPackaging:
Comes in a premium gift box
The 12 colors in this set are gorgeous and tasteful, and they represent the colors that are most symbolic in China. The colors included are :
Gamboge (218), Rouge (400), Cinnabar (398), Peony Red (393), Vermilion (399), Titanium White (104) Indigo (495), Blue Label Three (493), Blue Label One (491, Green Label One (591), Green Label Three (593), Burnt Sienna (684)
We offer various color sets which can be used for Chinese and Japanese Painting and Sumi-e, and Marie’s Premium Chinese Painting Color Set is probably of the best.
The colors are made by Mali, which is one of the most famous brush painting manufacturers in China trusted by experienced brush yielders.
There are 12 colors to choose from, and all are perfect for Sumi-E painting, however, they can be used for calligraphy writing and Fineline painting, as well.
The high quality of these paints derives from the fact that they are made with natural mineral raw materials and use oxide gelatin to process. The paints come in the form of a paste. All of this comes together to ensure that the color will remain durable once it is on the paper, and will not fade over time.
Advantages or Chinese Watercolors over Western Watercolors:
- Mix easily with other water colors and traditional Sumi-e and Calligraphy Ink allowing to create different color shades and mixes
- Perfect choice when being used on Rice or Xuan Paper which is often stretched after painting
- Not pigment based such as most watercolors commonly used in the West but mainly based on natural ingredients such as natural dyes and minerals
- Increased opacity compared to Western watercolors which often tend to be more transparent
- Superior color fastness which explains why many Chinese and Japanese artworks are still brilliant and colorful after decades
Compliance with international Safety Standards:
- The tubes of our Marie's Watercolors are lead free since we only offer the slightly more expensive but original colors in excellent quality - on the internet you can often find fakes or low quality imitations
- All colors comply with international product safety standards such as the European EN71-3 and the ASTM D-4236 regulation of the US
- The manufacturer is ISO9002 certified