Larger Set of our Premium Version of the famous Marie's Watercolors including 18 tubes of finest Chinese watercolor. The ideal tool for colorful and long lasting high-quality artworks in Fineline, Ink and Wash or Sumi-e Painting. This set comes in a beautiful gift box. Marie's Colors are the tool of choice of serious Chinese Brush Painting masters who do not want to compromise in quality
NOTE on shipment for this product:
For this product, the shipment price is already included in the product price. Shipping time is 8-18 working days. There is only one delivery option available for this product and it will be shipped separately from other products in your cart. For more information, please read our shipping section for liquid shipments in the FAQ.
Chinese Maries Colors - Premium Set of 18 Tubes in different colors
0.3 oz / 9 ml per tubeColors:
18 different color tubesUsage:
Chinese and Japanese Painting, Sumi-e, Calligraphy and Fineline Brush PaintingPackaging:
Comes in a premium gift box
Colors included in his set are:
Manganese Violet (440), Blue Label One (491), Blue Label Three (493), Viridian (560), Green Label One (591), Green Label Three (593), Ultramarine (443), Phthalo Blue (450), Indigo (495), Titanium White (104) Gamboge (218), Light Yellow (242), Vermilion (399), Cinnabar (398), Rouge (400), Peony Red (393), Burnt Sienna (684), Dark Brown (699)
While there are a seemingly infinite number of color sets available on the market apparently suitable for Chinese and Japanese brush painting, there also are about as many different quality levels in those sets.
We decided to spare being spoilt for choice and limit our color to the Marie’s Watercolors which we think are of the best quality and which are the colors normally used by serious Chinese brush painting artists.
Made by Mali, a famous paint making company in China, Marie’s Premium Chinese Painting Color Set is one of the highest quality sets available.
The quality comes from the natural mineral raw material used to make the paste, as well as the oxide gelatin used to process the paint. These ingredients lead to a color that is stable and will not fade once it is applied to paper. In fact, the color can last for centuries.
In the set are 18 colors, so you will always have the right color for any specific project you are working on. There are three different versions of red, which is one of the most significant colors to Chinese culture. Additionally, there are two shades of yellow, which is often paired with red. This high quality set has everything you need, and also makes a great gift.
Advantages or Chinese Watercolors over Western Watercolors:
- Mix easily with other water colors and traditional Sumi-e and Calligraphy Ink allowing to create different color shades and mixes
- Perfect choice when being used on Rice or Xuan Paper which is often stretched after painting
- Not pigment based such as most watercolors commonly used in the West but mainly based on natural ingredients such as natural dyes and minerals
- Increased opacity compared to Western watercolors which often tend to be more transparent
- Superior color fastness which explains why many Chinese and Japanese artworks are still brilliant and colorful after decades
Compliance with international Safety Standards:
- The tubes of our Marie's Watercolors are lead free since we only offer the slightly more expensive but original colors in excellent quality - on the internet you can often find fakes or low quality imitations
- All colors comply with international product safety standards such as the European EN71-3 and the ASTM D-4236 regulation of the US
- The manufacturer is ISO9002 certified